Thursday, January 23, 2014

28 Weeks, 3 Days...

You may or may not have noticed that one of the 'Pages' on my blog is a 30 x 30 list.  I wrote this list several years ago and decided to own up and post it on here too when I first started blogging.  I had hoped it would keep me accountable and moving towards completing the goals that I set for myself to do before turning 30!

While I've checked a fair amount of the tasks off the list and there are more that are 'In Progress', it's the one's below that I'm not sure what I was drinking when I wrote them:

Compete at Congress. 
A lofty goal for any horseman.  Sure, entering is easy, but having my ass handed to me doesn't sound like much fun!  I know Louie is a nice horse, but I'm not sure that we can compete with some of the 'high-rollers' with their trainers, gazillion dollar trucks and trailers, etc.

Ride a five-gaited Saddlebred.  
As a girl who was raised on stock horses, I don't think I even know anyone who has a five-gaited Saddlebred.  That could be a problem...

 Go to Greece with Matt.
This was a major pipe dream! I didn't really factor in Matt not having a desire to travel internationally, hunting trips to Canada aside!

Start the "Dave Plan" and contribute annually to my mutual fund.
Wowzers.  Boring.  Grown up?  Yes... but so so boring!  It's not like we're living hand to mouth, we don't have credit card debt and I do 'feed the pig' every paycheck so that's got to count for something!

Learn Photoshop.
 Oy vey!  That sheet is complicated.  Instagram and PicMonkey are much more simple!


As I look back over the list, I'm realizing that some of the goals were pretty lofty and some I'm not particularly concerned with completing.  Perhaps I'll reevaluate since my birthday is a mere 28 weeks, 3 days, 6 hours, 36 minutes...away!!

Do you have a 30 x 30 list?   Have you been successful in crossing items off? 

No comments:

Post a Comment