Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ending 2014 on a High Note

Who else out there thinks December comes and goes in the blink of an eye? 

It's always such a flurry of activity!  Christmas parties.  Holiday baking.  Decorating... I cheated and jumped the gun wiht this one.  Shopping.  Wrapping.  So many things! 

Here are just a few things I'm looking forward to this month...

1.  In 5 short sleeps, we will be headed out to Las Vegas for the National Finals Rodeo!  So many things to look forward to all rolled into one: yummy food, possible meet-ups with blogging pals and  I couldn't forget...
2.  Cowboy Christmas.  Yes, it warrants it's own because the shopping is incredible!
3.  Heading home to listen to my mom sing in the annual Christmas cantata.
4.  Watching the mailbox with bated breath for all those gifts I ordered to arrive!
5.  Baking and decorating cookies with my pals from back home.
6.  Our annual Christmas party.  It's always themed and this year it's an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party!
7.  Opening Christmas cards.  It's a race at home to the mailbox!
8.  The epic 5 day weekend I get the week of Christmas.  Hoping to do a lot of crafting!
9.  Attempting to make new Christmas stockings so we all have matching ones.  Say a prayer for me!
10.  Getting our Christmas cards in the mail.  Here's a sneak peek of our adorable little family!

Happy Howlidays

Are you looking forward to anything particular this month?  
Hosting a Christmas party?  What's on the menu?

Love the Here and Now
Linking up with Anne

6 comments:

  1. I love getting Christmas cards! Especially the ones with family pictures. Good luck on your stocking project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to NFR too ;) Love your blanket scarf.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am intrigued - what is Cowboy Christmas?? :)
    I love a good ugly Christmas sweater party - nearly every Christmas party I went to in England was that theme, it seems there are a LOT of ugly jumpers in the UK haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a great month ahead of you....full of exciting things! I have an extended break from work this Christmas too and I can not wait! No crafting planned here but just a much needed break. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun in Vegas, Myla! I love the NFR atmosphere and Cowboy Christmas. J and I decided not to go this year. We are both bummed out that we couldn't make it work.

    Yes, December the season of making special treats, sharing them with family and friends and holiday get togethers do make the days fly by.

    Your Christmas card picture is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look STUNNING in that picture! Beautiful family! I'm baking my Christmas cookies this weekend & I'm excited & scared all at the same time because it will be my first time doing so without my mom! If you have any must make cookie recipes, send them my way!

    ReplyDelete