Friday, January 18, 2013

My Competitive Side

It's true, I'm a bit competitive.

Okay, maybe more than a bit...

Alright, alright.... I'm SUPER competitive!

If I'm gonna do something I want to do it well and honestly, I want to do it better than you. 

It's true.

This year my BFF Jill and her husband John decided to host a Beer and Cookie Exchange before Christmas.  Bake some cookies, bring some beer and hangout, right? 

Wrong.

As I was reading through the invitation, I came to the part where it said there would be a prize for the cookie baker who was the crowd favorite.

A PRIZE!!!  Um, now I really had to bust out the best frickin' cookie. 

The pressure was on...

Thankfully, Jill and I have been besties since our HS cheerleading days and she is well aware of my dysfunction!

So off to my Pinterest board I went...

I set out to find the most wonderful, tasty, scrumptious, winning cookie recipe that I could find!  Some of the cookies I have pinned were automatically non-contenders.  Per Jill's rules the cookies couldn't be: no-bakes, bar cookies, from a cookie mix, plain chocolate chip or meringue.  

I also wanted to take into account what kinds of sweets people tended to gravitate towards.  Sneaky, sneaky.  For instance, I know Jill doesn't like mint, so anything with that was out in my head because that would automatically garner a NO vote for my cookie and my competitive side just couldn't take it!

I finally narrowed my choices down to three:
Oreo Cream Cheese Cookies
Fudgy Brownie Cookies
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

After much deliberation, I decided to go with the Fudgy Brownie Cookie!  These cookies did not disappoint either.  They now hold the distinction of being Matt's Favorite Cookie!

And on top of that, I was the CROWD FAVORITE at the party!  YES!!!
Me and the loser's, just kidding!





No comments:

Post a Comment