Helene and Sarah are back at it again for another round of #totalsocial and this month they want the scoop about our 9 to 5 j-o-b. Well here's some details for ya on that...
- I work for University of Illinois Extension.
- Extension was established 100 years ago as an outreach organization to bring information discovered at the University to people throughout the state.
- We offer educational opportunities in five areas: health, food security/safety, environmental stewardship, wise use of Illinois agricultural land and maybe our most well known, 4-H!
- I proud to say that I actually use both my animal science (BS) and agriculture education (MS) degrees.
- I generally roll in to work at about 8:05am and only work 'til 4:30pm. You can bet that I'm out the door at 4:30:01!
- Each day is different, sometimes it's meetings, programs, meetings, programs, but other days it's just brainstorming for the coming months.
- I work with some awesome people, one of which I'm related to!
- My favorite programs to bring to the community are horse related (obviously) or ones that introduce people to something they might not have ever learned about without our input! Recently, we've had huge success with backyard beekeeping, encouraging women to take a more active role in farming and local foods and small farm tours!