Thursday, January 2, 2014

Highlights of 2013

I very much intended to reflect on 2013 and get this post up yesterday, but cuddling on the couch with Matt and Bella while we watched bowl games and Friday Night Lights took precedent.  Is anyone else out there a big fan of FNL??  I freaking loved that show! 

I'm very thankful for what a wonderful year 2013 was to me.  Many fabulous memories were made, but these were the highlights... most of which didn't make the blog because I got lazy was too excited living them and never got around to posting about them!

Top 5 of 2013:
I co-hosted a gender reveal party for my BFF and her husband this Spring.  The theme was "Tie One On For Baby Peters" and we asked the guests to wear a hair bow or a bow tie to signify if they thought Jill would be having a girl or boy.  There was tons of food, fun games and drinks for those who weren't preggers...  To actually make the reveal the soon-to-be parents popped the cork and to everyone's excitement poured out PINK champagne!!!  It's a girl! 

One of my goals for the 2013 horse show season was to exhibit Louie at an Illinois Paint Horse Show.  It might not seem like much, but going to a breed show is kind of a big deal.  There are exhibitors there with fancy trucks and trailers, trainers and LOTS of money!  To be clear... I'm not one of those people!  With the help of one of my good friends, we hauled to the show and entered in several classes.  We had a very successful day, coming home with ribbons and state and national APHA points in most of the classes we entered!  A few days later, I was blown away when I received an email saying we were the "High Point Novice Amateur" at the show.  I'm so blessed that this horse has come in my life and helped me achieve my goals!

This summer I finished my master's degree in Agriculture Education from the University of Illinois!  This was one of the items I wanted to accomplish in my 30x30. Check it off the list!  Now to really get cranking on that list since I only have a year to finish....

One of my favorite memories from this year was packing up the car and road-tripping with Matt and Bella to Ft. Collins, Colorado to visit one of my very best friends!  We spent four days seeing and tasting the sights of Ft. Collins.  If you visit, in my opinion a stop at Blind Pig Pub and Grub is a must, as is Odell Brewing Company!  Both were two of our favorite spots.  We also went up to Cheyenne, Wyoming for a day at the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo.  In addition the rodeo, we also got to see Jason Aldean and Jake Owen in concert!

In December, Matt and I went to Las Vegas with friends to attend the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo.  We overcame airline delays, battled unseasonably cold weather, mastered the Monorail, shopped 'til we dropped, saw a new arena record in the barrel racing set by rookie Taylor Jacob, watched the fountains at the Bellagio and saw a bunch of rodeo celebs!  


No comments:

Post a Comment