Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Dear Self #blogtober14



Dear Self-

So you’re a scoche over 40?  Huh.  What a strange thing to think about.  These last couple months of 30 haven’t been a huge ordeal like some people make it, so hopefully 40 is the same!  I sit here trying to think of what to say to you, but all I can come up with is questions to ask the person I’ve become.  There’s a lot of things I’m really curious about!  Some are pretty heavy others, not so much.  

So tell me:

Did Matt and I change our minds and have kids or did we stick with the “we’re responsible adults aware of our priorities”?  Priorities which don’t included having children.

Are we still living in our first house or have be found/built our forever home?

Have I been to Greece yet?  

Please, oh please tell me our families are still in good health?

Have I taken that cake decorating class or learned to water ski yet?  

Are people still spinning out about GMOs and food labels?  Maybe after 10 more years people are listening to fact-based research and giving Dr.Oz the finger.

Who are my ‘people’?  Times and people change.  Am I still leaning on my core friends or is there someone new?  

Did Megan marry a good man?  One that will love and treat her right?  

Have the Cubs won a World Series?


 The Daily Tay
Linking up with Helene and Taylor.


1 comment:

  1. This is sweet. It's hard to think about what life will be like in 10 years. A lot can change in that time, you know?
    Also, I'm glad we're not the only ones considering staying "just us two". It's nice to see someone else who may never have children.

    ReplyDelete